2017 3RD ANNUAL IPL MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIP
IPL USA’S QUALIFIER!
IPL APEX (year-end event) QUALIFIER!
The Registration deadline for this contest has passed. Entries or changes will add additional $100 late fee. NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON SHOW DAY.
*ALL ATHLETES MUST QUALIFY FOR IPL PROFESSIONAL STATUS. THE INTERNATIONAL PHYSIQUE LEAGUE DOES NOT ACCEPT PRO CARDS FROM ANY OTHER FEDERATIONS.
The IPL is wholly owned by MiBoLife Publishing, the leader in publicity, news, and media for drug-tested Physique Competition. IPL athletes, contests, and events are featured in the following magazine publications: NATURALMAG, NATURAL BIKINI, NATURAL GAINZ & VIGOROUS. Four magazines. Tons of potential cover models and countless articles, features, and spreads. Our official photographers are always on site capturing the incredible energy and excitement, and looking for the next superstars.
VENUE, HOST HOTEL & EVENT SCHEDULE
Bartell Theater ● 13 E Mifflin St, Madison, WI 53703
The Madison Concourse ● 1 W. Dayton St. | Madison, WI 53703.
Individuals are requested to call the Hotel directly at 1-800-356-8293 to make reservations. Please mention the group name “Midwest Championsip” when making room reservations.
Reservation Cut Off Date
The reservation cut off date is midnight C.S.T. on March 16, 2017. Any reservations received after the cut off date will be accepted on a space and rate available basis.
Room Rates [Dates: April 13, 2017 – April 16, 2017]
- Single Rate $149.00
- Double Rate $149.00
- Triple Rate $159.00
- Quad Rate $169.00
AVOID DAMAGE TO HOTEL PROPERTY: Must use dark sheets, pillow cases, and towels. Bring cleaning supplies to clean sinks and tubs/shower areas***
COMPETITOR CHECK-IN: SATURDAY APRIL 15th from 9:00AM – 10:00AM at the venue. If any competitors do not report for check-in prior to 10:00AM they will be disqualified from the show (NO REFUNDS). The following must be brought to check in: 1) IPL membership card (if you have it) 2) Some form of ID (driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate, etc). *[(NO REFUNDS)]
COMPETITOR MEETING: SATURDAY APRIL 15th from 10:00AM – 11:00AM at the venue.
SHOW TIMES: SATURDAY APRIL 15th: Prejudging: 12:00PM to 2:00PM (doors open at 11:00am) | Finals: 3:30PM to 5:30PM
OFFICIAL IPL SPONSORS & VENDORS
[NO OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS/CAMERAS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
[NO OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL HAIR/MAKEUP ARTISTS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
[NO OUTSIDE TANNING VENDORS OR TANNING PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- EVENT PHOTOS & 1-ON-1 SHOOTS – Michael Brooks Photography | 608.347.7467
- TANNING – LA TAN
- HAIR & MAKEUP – Melissa Guzman | 630.392.0937
THIS IS A DRUG TESTED EVENT: The International Physique League is a current member of the UPCA and conducts its drug-testing according to the United Physique Competitors Anti-doping Agency. Click here for details of the UPCAA protocol.
PRO-QUALIFYING DIVISION OFFERINGS:
- Men’s Bodybuilding
- Women’s Bodybuilding
- Women’s Figure
- Women’s Bikini
- Men’s Athletic
- Men’s Sports Model
- Women’s Athletic
- Women’s Sports Model
- Fitness Angels
- Women’s Evening Gown
- Open (Pro Q)
- Masters 40+ (Pro Q)
- Grand Masters 50+
- Ultra Grand Masters 60+
NON PRO-QUALIFYING DIVISIONS:
- Bikini Mamas
- Beach Body-Men
- Inspiration Dedication
- Fitness Kids
A “crossover” is entering more than one class/division. For example, a competitor may enter the Novice class, if eligible, and also elect to crossover into the Open class and compete in it as well. Another example is a competitor entering the Figure division as well as the Evening Gown division. A different suit must be worn for each division you enter. For example, Figure and Bikini. (*this applies to both Men & Women for ALL divisions). This does not apply to classes within the divisions. For example, a competitor may compete in a Novice and Open Class within the same division (Bikini, for instance) wearing the same suit.
Light weights, stretch bands and mirrors will be back stage for use in pumping up before going on stage. Competitors are welcome to bring their own equipment and mirrors as well.
If the number of competitors in a division reaches 16 then the division will be split into two classes, according to height. If the number reaches 24 then there will be three height classes, 32 = 4 and so on.
If there is more than one class within a division there will be an Overall round where the winner from each class then competes against the other class winners. Judges will use a traditional judging system here and place them according to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. The competitor that receives the most 1st place votes, wins the Overall.
NIGHT SHOW (FINALS) ROUTINES, WALKS, AWARDS, PRO CARDS, PRIZE PACK, USA & APEX QUALIFIERS
ROUTINES & WALKS: All divisions include an evening show model walk/routine. Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding require a routine (choreographed or freestyle). The other divisions require a walk. Only the top five in each class will perform posing routines/walks.
USA & APEX QUALIFIERS
- IPL Pro-qualified Athletes must place in the top 5 at a 2017 IPL Pro show in order to qualify for the IPL PRO USA’s.
- IPL Pro-qualified Athletes must place “in the money” (top 3) at a 2017 IPL Pro show in order to qualify for the IPL PRO APEX.
- Amateur Athletes must place in the top 5 in a 2017 IPL Pro-qualifier in order to qualify for the Amateur USA’s.
- Amateur Athletes must place in the top 3 in a 2017 IPL Pro-qualifier in order to qualify for the Amateur APEX.
- If an IPL Pro Qualified Athlete that has not yet activated their Pro status (by competing in an IPL Pro show) places in an Amateur USA or Amateur APEX qualifying spot, the qualification(s) will go to the athlete(s) who placed next in order.
AWARDS: Trophies and awards are presented at the end of each division. Top 5 in each class receive medals. 1st place winners in each class receive a trophy & a medal. Overall winner receives additional medal.
PRO CARDS: One Pro Card (1st place) per class. *In the event that there are less than five (1 to 4) competitors in a Pro Qualifying class, the winner must achieve a cumulative average score of 7 points in order to be awarded Professional status.
- Crystal “Tip of the Iceberg” trophies for 1st Place Winners.
- 4″ Medals for 1st through 5th place.
- Open class competitor who achieves the highest number of point will have their entry fee waived for their first IPL Pro show.
- Free Contest T-shirt for all Competitors.
- Free 1-Year Subscription to NaturalMag International, Natural Gainz, or Natural Bikini for all Competitors.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY FEES
- Membership Fee $100
Membership takes effect from January 1st through December 31st of each year. All athletes must renew their membership after December 31st.
In the event that an athlete wins a PRO CARD they are not required to pay any additional membership fees during that calendar year.
Professionals must compete at the PRO level in each division they hold IPL PRO status in, at last once within a 2-year time frame in order to maintain their PRO status.
- Contest entry fee Amateur $125
- Cross-over fee $75 (per additional class/division)
- UPCA Anti-doping procedures $80
ALL FEES (Membership, Entry, Drug-testing, and Cross-overs) MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION DATE. NO FEES WILL BE COLLECTED ON THE DAY OF THE COMPETITION. NO EXCEPTIONS.
TICKETS & TRAINERS PASSES
- TRAINERS PASS: $40 (pre-ordered) | $50 (day of show)
- ADULT ALL-DAY PASS: $20 (pre-ordered) | $30 (day of show)
- 17 & UNDER ALL DAY PASS: $10 (pre-ordered) | $20 (day of show)
- CHILD NOT REQUIRING A SEAT (SITTING IN ADULT’S LAP): Free
- NO SPRAY OILS IN PUMP ROOM. Bottled oil permitted.
- NO HOT STUFF OR ANALGESIC SPRAYS ALLOWED
- NO BOTTLED TANNING LOTION ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING, INCLUDING DREAM TAN! NO EXCEPTIONS! BOTTLES WILL BE CONFISCATED AND YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE FOR MORE THAN ONE VIOLATION.
- PLEASE STAY IN THE DESIGNATED ATHLETE AREA YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO. IF YOU ARE NOT IN DESIGNATED AREA WHEN YOUR CLASS IS CALLED TO GO ON STAGE YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED AND AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
- PLEASE TRAVEL ON THE ROUTES THAT WILL BE COVERED WITH PROTECTIVE COVERINGS, KEEP TANNING PRODUCT OFF OF WALLS AND CHAIRS.
PLEASE REVIEW THE IPL WEBSITE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS REGARDING THE IPL AND OUR COMPETITION GUIDELINES. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE 2017 3RD ANNUAL IPL MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIP!