2016 IPL NATURAL GAINZ MAGAZINE CLASSIC ● SATURDAY MARCH 26
IPL USA’s QUALIFIER!
IPL APEX (year-end event) QUALIFIER!
BROUGHT TO YOU BY A.R.D NUTRITION
— — USE IPL30 FOR 30% OFF A.R.D. NUTRITION PRODUCTS
*ALL ATHLETES MUST QUALIFY FOR IPL PROFESSIONAL STATUS. THE INTERNATIONAL PHYSIQUE LEAGUE DOES NOT ACCEPT PRO CARDS FROM ANY OTHER FEDERATIONS.
The IPL is wholly owned by MiBoLife Publishing, the leader in publicity, news, and media for drug-tested Physique Competition. IPL athletes, contests, and events are featured in the following monthly magazine publications: NATURALMAG, NATURAL BIKINI, NATURAL GAINZ & VIGOROUS. Four monthly magazines. 48 total issues per year. 48 potential cover models and countless articles, features, and spreads. Our official photographers are always on site capturing the incredible energy and excitement, and looking for the next superstars.
VENUE, HOST HOTEL & EVENT SCHEDULE
VENUE: Baruch Performing Arts Center ● Engelman Recital Hall ● 55 Lexington Ave, New York, New York 10010
HOST HOTEL: The Marcel at Gramercy Hotel ● 201 East 24th Street, New York, NY 10010. The special group rates may only be accessed by calling Jae Kim (8:30AM to 5:00PM Mon thru Fri) at (212) 292-5557. The group name, IPL Natural Gainz Classic, must be mentioned when calling. Group rates are subject to availability. Individual reservations are subject to a 72 hour cancellation policy. Cut-off Date to reserve room with discounted rate is 03/04/2016 (after this date guests will have to pay full price). This Hotel is walking distance (one block) from the venue.
- Superior Rooms (single rooms) $159.00
- Deluxe D/D Rooms (double-bedded rooms) $179.00
***Per Hotel Rules: AVOID DAMAGE TO HOTEL PROPERTY: Must use dark sheets, pillow cases, and towels. Bring cleaning supplies to clean sinks and tubs/shower areas***
COMPETITOR CHECK-IN: SATURDAY MARCH 26th from 9:00AM – 10:00AM at the venue. If any competitors do not report for check-in prior to 10:00AM they will be disqualified from the show (NO REFUNDS). The following must be brought to check in: 1) IPL membership card or receipt of purchase 2) Some form of ID (driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate, etc). *[All cross-over athletes will be asked to show a separate suit for each cross-over division. Failure to produce separate suits will result in immediate disqualification from additional cross-over divisions. (NO REFUNDS)]
COMPETITOR MEETING: SATURDAY MARCH 26th from 10:00AM – 11:00AM at the venue.
SHOW TIMES: SATURDAY MARCH 26th: Prejudging: 12:00PM to 2:00PM | Finals: 3:30PM to 5:30PM.
THIS IS A DRUG TESTED EVENT: The International Physique League is a current member of the UPCA and conducts its drug-testing according to the United Physique Competitors Anti-doping Agency. Click here for details of the UPCAA protocol.
DIVISION OFFERINGS: Men’s Bodybuilding, Women’s Bodybuilding, Women’s Figure, Men’s Athletic, Women’s Athletic, Women’s Bikini, Women’s Evening Gown
CLASSES: Novice, Masters (40+), Open.
CROSSOVERS: A “crossover” is entering more than one class/division. For example, a competitor may enter the Novice div class, if eligible, and also elect to crossover into the Open class and compete in it as well. Another example is a competitor entering the Figure division as well as the Evening Gown division. Competitors may crossover between as many classes/divisions as they wish. At athlete check-in all cross-over athletes will be asked to show a separate suit for each cross-over division. Failure to produce separate suits will result in immediate disqualification from additional cross-over divisions. NO REFUNDS.
PUMP-UP AREA: Light weights, stretch bands and mirrors will be back stage for use in pumping up before going on stage. Competitors are welcome to bring their own equipment and mirrors as well.
CLASS SPLITS: If the number of competitors in a division reaches 16 then the division will be split into two classes, according to height. If the number reaches 24 then there will be three height classes, 32 = 4 and so on.
If there is more than one class within a division there will be an Overall round where the winner from each class then competes against the other class winners. Judges will use a traditional judging system here and place them according to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. The competitor that receives the most 1st place votes, wins the Overall.
NIGHT SHOW (FINALS) ROUTINES, WALKS, AWARDS, PRO CARDS, PRIZE PACK, USA & APEX QUALIFIERS
ROUTINES & WALKS: All 7 IPL divisions include an evening show model walk/routine. Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding require a routine (choreographed or freestyle). The other 5 divisions require a walk. Only the top five in each class will perform posing routines/walks.
Competitors in all divisions may provide MP3/MP4 digital music information (which IPL staff will download and have ready for you) for evening posing routine or model walk. Even though song files will most likely be a few minutes long, only the first 60 seconds of music will be used. Any competitor who does not provide music instructions will perform to the house music. NO SONGS WITH VULGAR OR OBSCENE LYRICS (THIS INCLUDES ANY SWEARING). There must be a “clean” version of the song available. Competitors entering more than one division, who wish to perform to their own music, must provide a separate song for each class.
AWARDS: Trophies and awards are presented at the end of each division. Top 5 in each class receive medals. 1st place winners in each class receive a trophy & a medal. Overall winner receives additional trophy.
PRO CARDS: One Pro Card (1st place) per class. *In the event that there are less than five (1 to 4) competitors in a Pro Qualifying class, the winner must achieve a cumulative average score of 7 points in order to be awarded Professional status.
- Crystal “Tip of the Iceberg” trophies for 1st Place Winners.
- Medals for 1st through 5th place.
- Open class competitor who achieves the highest number of points will have their entry fee waived for their first IPL Pro show.
- Free Contest T-shirt for all Competitors.
- Free 1-Year Subscription to NaturalMag International, Natural Gainz, or Natural Bikini for all Competitors.
USA & APEX QUALIFIERS
- ALL IPL Pros/IPL Pro-qualified Athletes from 2015 & 2016 automatically qualify for the IPL PRO USA’s.
- IPL Pro-qualified Athletes must place “in the money” (top 3) at a 2016 IPL Pro show in order to qualify for the IPL PRO APEX.
- Amateur Athletes must place in the top three in a 2016 IPL Pro-qualifier in order to qualify for the Amateur USA’s.
- Amateur Athletes must place in the top two in a 2016 IPL Pro-qualifier in order to qualify for the Amateur APEX.
- If an IPL Pro Qualified Athlete that has not yet activated their Pro status (by competing in an IPL Pro show) places in an Amateur USA or Amateur APEX qualifying spot, the qualification(s) will go to the athlete(s) who placed next in order.
OFFICIAL IPL VENDORS
- [NO OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS/CAMERAS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- [NO OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL HAIR/MAKEUP ARTISTS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- [NO OUTSIDE TANNING VENDORS OR TANNING PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- Michael Brooks Photography – 608.347.7467 – Event Photos & 1-on-1 Shoots
- Liquid Sun Rayz – [Heidi Zeiss 908-489-1475] – Tanning
- BellaDonna Beauty Co – Cristy Tate – email@example.com – Hair & Makeup
- The Figure Workshop – Posing & Presentation Advisor
- A.R.D. Nutrition – Nutritional Supplements
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY FEES
Annual membership goes into effect beginning with the first contest the athlete competes in. For example, if an athlete registers in January for a contest that takes place in April, their membership will not go into effect until they arrive at the show in April. If they do not appear for the contest in April, then their membership will go into effect at the next show the appear for. Actual physical membership cards will be handed to new athletes at their first IPL show.
- Annual membership = $100
- Amateur contest entry = $100
- Amateur cross-over = $50 (per additional division)
- UPCA Anti-doping procedures = $80
TICKETS & TRAINERS PASSES
- TRAINERS PASS: $40 (pre-ordered) | $50 (day of show)
- ADULT ALL-DAY PASS: $25 (pre-ordered) | $35 (day of show)
- 17 & UNDER ALL DAY PASS: $15 (pre-ordered) | $25 (day of show)
- CHILD NOT REQUIRING A SEAT (SITTING IN ADULT’S LAP): Free
- NO SPRAY OILS IN PUMP ROOM. Bottled oil permitted.
- NO HOT STUFF OR ANALGESIC SPRAYS ALLOWED
- NO BOTTLED TANNING LOTION ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING, INCLUDING DREAM TAN! NO EXCEPTIONS! BOTTLES WILL BE CONFISCATED AND YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE FOR MORE THAN ONE VIOLATION.
- PLEASE STAY IN THE DESIGNATED ATHLETE AREA YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO. IF YOU ARE NOT IN DESIGNATED AREA WHEN YOUR CLASS IS CALLED TO GO ON STAGE YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED AND AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
- PLEASE TRAVEL ON THE ROUTES THAT WILL BE COVERED WITH PROTECTIVE COVERINGS, KEEP TANNING PRODUCT OFF OF WALLS AND CHAIRS.
PLEASE REVIEW THE IPL WEBSITE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS REGARDING THE IPL AND OUR COMPETITION GUIDELINES. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE 2016 A.R.D. NUTRITION IPL NATURAL GAINZ MAGAZINE CLASSIC!