2019 IPL SUNSHINE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
IPL APEX (year-end event) QUALIFIER!
- IPL Pro-qualified Athletes must place in the top 5 at a 2019 IPL Pro show in order to qualify for Pro APEX.
- Amateur Athletes must place in the top 5 in a 2019 IPL contest in order to qualify for Amateur APEX.
- BE SURE TO CHECK THE CONTEST RESULTS as some top 5 athletes were already APEX qualified. In these cases the qualification(s) will go to the athlete(s) who placed next in order.
ADD ADDITIONAL CLASSES OR DIVISIONS HERE
Order Tickets Here!
*ALL ATHLETES MUST QUALIFY FOR IPL PROFESSIONAL STATUS. THE INTERNATIONAL PHYSIQUE LEAGUE DOES NOT ACCEPT PRO CARDS FROM ANY OTHER FEDERATIONS.
The IPL is wholly owned by MiBoLife Publishing, the leader in publicity, news, and media for drug-tested Physique Competition. IPL athletes, contests, and events are featured in the following magazine publications: NATURALMAG, NATURAL BIKINI, NATURAL GAINZ, VIGOROUS & SEAM. Five magazines. Tons of potential cover models and countless articles, features, and spreads. Michael Brooks Photography is always on site capturing the incredible energy and excitement, and looking for the next superstars.
VENUE & EVENT SCHEDULE
VENUE: Root Auditorium At The Museum Of Arts & Science |
352 South Nova Road Daytona Beach, FL 32114
HOST HOTEL: Fairfield Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
$129 per night (King rooms only). Last day to book at this rate is Monday, March 11, 2019
Call in or book online.
CALL-IN: Call 386.254.4700, select 2 for RESERVATIONS, and a Marriott associate will assist you with making your hotel accommodations.
BOOK ONLINE: Here
COMPETITOR CHECK-IN: FRIDAY APRIL 12 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM at the host hotel. If any competitors do not report for check-in prior to 5:00PM they will be disqualified from the show (NO REFUNDS). The following must be brought to check in: 1) IPL membership card or receipt of purchase 2) Some form of ID (driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate, etc).
COMPETITOR MEETING: SATURDAY APRIL 13 from 8:00AM – 9:00AM at the venue.
SHOW TIMES: SATURDAY April 13: PREJUDGING 10:00AM TO 1:00PM (doors open at 9:45 AM) | FINALS 2:30PM TO 6:30PM
OFFICIAL IPL VENDORS
- [NO OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS/CAMERAS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- [NO OUTSIDE PROFESSIONAL HAIR/MAKEUP ARTISTS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- [NO OUTSIDE TANNING VENDORS OR TANNING PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THE VENUE]
- Michael Brooks Photography – 608.347.7467 – Event Photos & 1-on-1 Shoots
- Bronzing Head 2 Toe – Tanning
- Hair & Makeup – TBA
THIS IS A DRUG TESTED EVENT: The International Physique League is a current member of the UPCA and conducts its drug-testing according to the United Physique Competitors Anti-doping Agency. Click here for details of the UPCAA protocol.
PRO-QUALIFYING DIVISION OFFERINGS:
- Men’s Bodybuilding
- Women’s Bodybuilding
- Women’s Figure
- Women’s Bikini
- Men’s Athletic
- Men’s Sports Model
- Women’s Athletic
- Women’s Sports Model
- Fitness Angels
- Women’s Evening Gown
- Open (Pro Q)
- Masters 40+ (Pro Q)
- Grand Masters 50+
- Ultra Grand Masters 60+
NON PRO-QUALIFYING DIVISIONS:
- Bikini Mamas
- Beach Body-Men
- Inspiration & Transformation
- Kids Fitness
A “crossover” is entering more than one class/division. For example, a competitor may enter the Novice class, if eligible, and also elect to crossover into the Open class and compete in it as well. Another example is a competitor entering the Figure division as well as the Evening Gown division. A different suit must be worn for each division you enter. For example, Figure and Bikini. (*this applies to both Men & Women for ALL divisions). This does not apply to classes within the divisions. For example, a competitor may compete in a Novice and Open Class within the same division (Bikini, for instance) wearing the same suit.
Light weights, stretch bands and mirrors will be back stage for use in pumping up before going on stage. Competitors are welcome to bring their own equipment and mirrors as well.
If the number of competitors in a division reaches 16 then the division will be split into two classes, according to height. If the number reaches 24 then there will be three height classes, 32 = 4 and so on.
If there is more than one class within a division there will be an Overall round where the winner from each class then competes against the other class winners. Judges will use a traditional judging system here and place them according to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on. The competitor that receives the most 1st place votes, wins the Overall.
NIGHT SHOW (FINALS) ROUTINES, WALKS, AWARDS, PRO CARDS & APEX QUALIFIERS
ROUTINES & WALKS: All divisions include an evening show model walk/routine. Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding require a routine (choreographed or freestyle). The other divisions require a walk. Only the top five in each class will perform posing routines/walks.
AWARDS: Trophies and awards are presented at the end of each division. Top 5 in each class receive medals. 1st place winners in each class receive a trophy & a medal. Overall winner receives additional medal.
PRO CARDS: One Pro Card (1st place) per class. *In the event that there are less than five (1 to 4) competitors in a Pro Qualifying class, the winner must achieve a cumulative average score of 7 points in order to be awarded Professional status.
- Trophies for 1st Place Winners.
- 4″ Medals for 1st through 5th place.
- Free Contest T-shirt for all Competitors.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY FEES
- Membership Fee $100
Membership takes effect from January 1st through December 31st of each year. All athletes must renew their membership after December 31st.
In the event that an athlete wins a PRO CARD they are not required to pay any additional membership fees during that calendar year.
Professionals must compete at the PRO level in each division they hold IPL PRO status in, at last once within a 2-year time frame in order to maintain their PRO status.
- Contest entry fee Amateur = $125
- Cross-over fee Amateur = $75 (per additional class/division)
- UPCA Anti-doping procedures $80
ALL FEES (Membership, Entry, Drug-testing, and Cross-overs) MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION DATE. NO FEES WILL BE COLLECTED ON THE DAY OF THE COMPETITION. NO EXCEPTIONS.
TICKETS & TRAINERS PASSES
- TRAINERS PASS: $80 (can only be purchased at competitor check-in on Friday, April 12th)
- ADULT ALL-DAY PASS: $30 Now | $40 Day of show
- 12 & UNDER ALL DAY PASS: $20 Now | $30 Day of show
- CHILD NOT REQUIRING A SEAT (SITTING IN ADULT’S LAP): Free
ADD ADDITIONAL CLASSES OR DIVISIONS HERE
Order Tickets Here!
- NO SPRAY OILS IN PUMP ROOM. Bottled oil permitted.
- NO HOT STUFF OR ANALGESIC SPRAYS ALLOWED
- NO BOTTLED TANNING LOTION ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING, INCLUDING DREAM TAN! NO EXCEPTIONS! BOTTLES WILL BE CONFISCATED AND YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE FOR MORE THAN ONE VIOLATION.
- PLEASE STAY IN THE DESIGNATED ATHLETE AREA YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO. IF YOU ARE NOT IN DESIGNATED AREA WHEN YOUR CLASS IS CALLED TO GO ON STAGE YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED AND AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
PLEASE REVIEW THE IPL WEBSITE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS REGARDING THE IPL AND OUR COMPETITION GUIDELINES. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE 2019 IPL SUNSHINE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!