THE INTERNATIONAL PHYSIQUE LEAGUE (IPL)
The International Physique League is a competitive fitness federation celebrating top “Natural”/drug-tested physiques from around the Globe! The IPL offers 6 divisions of competition Bodybuilding, Figure, Athletic, Sports Model (some shows), Bikini, & Evening Gown.
The IPL offers 7 Pro Qualifying divisions of competition including Bodybuilding, Figure, Athletic, Sports Model, Fitness Angels, Bikini, & Evening Gown.
The IPL also offers “Exhibition Divisions” which do not have a Professional level. These divisions include Women’s Bikini Mammas, Men’s Beach Body, Inspiration Dedication, & Kids Fitness.
The IPL’s first contest event was held on August 22, 2015 in Jersey City, NJ. The IPL hosted four contests in 2015, thirteen contests in 2016, and fourteen contests in 2017. Sixteen contests are scheduled for the 2018 season.
The IPL maintains the “sport feel” of Physique Competition and we will never veer away from that. We are a sport league and will maintain the integrity and spirit of competitive sporting events. The IPL is not a “Pageant-style” federation. We are also not a bare-bones, nitty gritty operation either. That being said, we do like a little flash and flair and as part of a media company we are looking to create and promote ambassadors who represent true health and fitness.
The IPL is wholly owned by MiBoLife Publishing, the leader in publicity, news, and media for drug-tested Physique Competition. IPL athletes, contests, and events are featured in the following magazine publications: NATURALMAG, NATURAL BIKINI, NATURAL GAINZ & VIGOROUS. Four magazines. Tons of potential cover models and countless articles, features, and spreads. Michael Brooks Photography is always on site capturing the incredible energy and excitement, and looking for the next superstars.
MiBoLife Publishing and the IPL have adjusted Physique Competition for more mainstream appeal. We have severed the sport’s connection with the negative stigmas that have given “Bodybuilding” a bad name for decades. And, we have positioned the sport to attract major sponsors and endorsements, as well as have Olympic games potential.
- Wada urinalysis drug-testing standards according to guidelines of the UPCAA [International Physique Competition Anti-doping Agency].
- Drug test failure penalties according to the UPCAA.
JUDGING & SCORING
NEW DIVISIONS AND APPROACH
- See divisions.
- “Physique” is the sport. It is no longer a division.
- “Bodybuilding” is a division of Physique competition.
- For any competitor that is not actually competing in the Bodybuilding division, you no longer have to tell your friends, family, and parents that you are competing in a “Bodybuilding” show. You can simply tell them that you are competing in a “Physique Competition”…and will be entering a specific division within.
MORE ENTERTAINING ENVIRONMENT AND EXCITEMENT AT CONTESTS
- Unique judging and scoring.
- Competitors in all divisions have the option to pose/walk to their own music at the finals.
- Straight-run shows: short break between Pre-judging and Finals.
ATHLETES FROM OTHER FEDERATIONS
- The IPL has ushered in an entirely new age, a new chapter in the evolution of Physique Competition. New judging criteria. New standards. A more intensive-drug testing protocol. As a result, the IPL does not recognize the Professional or any other status from any other federations. Pros must win their IPL Pro Cards in order to compete as a Professional within the IPL. Athletes new to the IPL are free to compete in whichever division they choose, according to the IPL guidelines for classes.
- The IPL does not limit where it’s athletes can compete. Athletes are free to compete in any other federation they choose.
The IPL was established in 2015 by MiBoLife Publishing, based in Jersey City, NJ.