Please also review:
5. SPORTS MODEL
6. EVENING GOWN
7. FITNESS ANGELS
***WHY DOESN’T THE IPL OFFER “WOMEN’S PHYSIQUE?” In the IPL “Physique” is not a division. Instead, “Physique” encompasses the entire the sport. Along these same lines, in the IPL, “Bodybuilding” is not the sport. “Bodybuilding” is a division of Physique competition. In the IPL “Women’s Bodybuilding” has merged “Bodybuilding” with what is referred to as “Physique.”
EXHIBITION ONLY (NO PRO LEVEL)
- BIKINI MAMMAS
- BEACH BODY
- INSPIRATION DEDICATION
- Men & Women
- Kids Fitness
- Boys & Girls
- AMATEUR NOVICE
- Cannot compete in any Novice class for a Division in which they have placed first in Open or achieved IPL Professional Qualified status.
- AMATEUR MASTERS
- Must be a minimum of 40 years of age.
- Cannot compete in any Amateur Masters Division in which they have achieved IPL Professional status AND have competed as a Pro.
- AMATEUR OPEN
- Cannot compete in an Open division for which they have already achieved IPL Professional status AND have competed as a Pro.
- Must have won Pro status at an IPL Pro Qualifier.
- PROFESSIONAL MASTERS
- Must have won Pro Masters status at an IPL Pro Masters Qualifier.
What Does Pro Qualified Mean?
“Pro Qualified” means that you are qualified to compete in the IPL as a Professional Athlete. Technically you are an IPL Pro. However, you may still compete as an Amateur (Open, not Novice) as long as you have not yet competed as an IPL Pro. In the event that a Pro Qualified Athlete wins (places first) another Pro Qualifying show, the competitor who placed second would be awarded the Pro Qualified status, assuming they achieve the necessary 7 point average score.
How Long Does IPL Pro Status Last?
Upon achieving IPL Professional status, an athlete must compete at the IPL Pro level within the following two complete seasons. For example, an athlete who turns Pro during the 2017 season, must compete at the Pro level in either 2018 or 2019.
If an athlete does not does not compete at the Pro level within two seasons, their Pro status will expire. Athletes will then have an opportunity to extend their Pro status for an additional season for a fee of $250. Athletes will only be allowed one extension.
CROSSOVERS (Pros & Amateurs)
- Competitors can crossover to as many divisions and classes as they wish.
- A different suit must be worn for each division you enter. For example, Figure and Bikini. (*this applies to both Men & Women for ALL divisions). This does not apply to classes within the divisions. For example, a competitor may compete in a Novice and Open Class within the same division (Bikini, for instance) wearing the same suit.
- You will be given enough time between divisions in order to switch suits.
- The IPL believes that many competitor’s physiques may be on the line between divisions. We do not believe that competitors should be forced to choose. Let your body go where it wants or where you want it to.
- Also, many competitors are trying to figure out exactly which division(s) they will best fit into. The crossover is a great way to experiment with this.
***PLEASE BE AWARE THAT COMPETITORS WHO COMPETE IN MULTIPLE DIVISIONS AND CLASSES MAY RECEIVE VARYING (EVEN CONFLICTING) SCORES FROM DIVISION/CLASS TO DIVISION/CLASS. FACTORS THAT MAY EFFECT THE VARYING SCORES INCLUDE YOUR LOOK RELATIVE TO THE OTHERS IN EACH DIVISION/CLASS, YOUR SPECIFIC SUIT FOR EACH DIVISION/CLASS, POSING, PRESENTATION ETC…